Collaboration with the Ohio Department of Health and their Ohio Buckles Buckeyes Program allows our department to provide free car seats and booster seats to county residents who are either participants in the Madison County WIC (Women, Infant and Children) Program or those that meet WIC income guidelines. Eligibility for receiving a free car seat is based on four factors:
- Income eligibility (WIC income guidelines can be found here)
- Resident of Madison County
- Resident has full legal custody of the child they are receiving a seat for
- Resident must participate in a one-on-one educational presentation with a Child Passenger Safety Technician at MCPH
For more information or to have your car seat checked for proper fit and installation, email Amber Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-852-3065 ext 1534.
Ohio's Child Passenger Safety Law
- Infants and young children must ride in a size-appropriate car seat until they are 4 years old AND weigh at least 40 pounds.
- Every child ages 4-8 who outgrows their car seat must use a size-appropriate booster seat until they reach 4’9” tall.
- Children and teens ages 8-15 who are not in booster seats must use adult seat belts.