Novel Coronavirus (2019 nCoV)
Quick Facts for Madison County Residents
- There are ZERO cases in Madison County.
- There are ZERO confirmed cases in Ohio.
- There is LOW RISK for the general public.
- There are ZERO deaths in the United States.
- Avoid all travel to China.
- If you traveled to China in the last two weeks and have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, CALL your doctor. If you don't have a doctor, CALL Madison Health at 740-845-7333.
- There are a total of 7 types of known coronaviruses. Recently a child seen at an Ohio hospital was diagnosed with a common coronavirus but NOT the 2019 Novel Coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China. The parent of this child reviewed the test results in their “patient portal” and quickly became concerned when the results contained the word “coronavirus.” The parent’s concern was understandable. It is important to remember that there are four very common coronaviruses that are diagnosed every day in the US (like the one that causes the common cold). In the US, all cases of Novel Coronavirus have involved travel to China.
- For additional information, please visit the Ohio Department of Health Website.