Madison County WIC
WIC is the supplemental nutrition program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC provides nutrition and breastfeeding education, as well as supplemental nutritious foods to pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, infants and children up to 5 years of age.
WIC services include:
- Nutrition and breastfeeding education and support
- Supplement nutritious foods like fruits, vegetables, peanut butter, eggs, milk, cheese and more
- Referral to health care providers and community programs
- Weight and height checks and hemoglobin testing
Madison County WIC Contact Information:
Phone: (740) 852-3068
Fax: (740) 852-5418 with attention to WIC
Address: 306 Lafayette Street, London, OH
Hours: Monday – Friday
WIC Breastfeeding Classes and Support
WIC offers free breastfeeding classes the first Tuesday of every month, taught by our breastfeeding peer helper who is a Certified Lactation Specialist. Both in person and virtual options are available. Those that attend receive extra infant and breastfeeding items. You can call the clinic to sign up.
Additionally, breastfeeding support is available to you via text at (740) 200-0721. This line is monitored by our breastfeeding peer helper and volunteer IBCLC.
WIC Produce Market
WIC offers free Produce Markets monthly. Our Produce Markets include a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables donated from Mid-Ohio Food Bank. Produce Markets are typically the first Tuesday of the month from 11am-1pm or until produce is gone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible for WIC?
Madison County WIC serves pregnant and breastfeeding women, women who recently had a baby, infants birth through 12 months, and children age 1 to 5 years who live in the state of Ohio and meet income guidelines. To see the income guidelines click HERE. Those actively receiving Medicaid or SNAP automatically apply. Income eligibility is reviewed on an annual basis following an initial appointment and participants must agree to and follow all program responsibilities which will be reviewed with them at their initial appointment.
*Please keep in mind if you meet income guidelines you are eligible for WIC throughout the entire pregnancy. You do NOT need to wait for your baby to arrive to start receiving benefits!
How can I schedule an appointment?
Please call the office to schedule an appointment at (740) 852-3068
Walk ins are welcome; however, we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate your appointment same day. Additionally, we cannot take walk-ins within 45 minutes of our office closing.
What do I need for my appointment?
At initial and annual recertification appointments participants will need to bring the following:
- Proof of income such as a current Medicaid card of every family member applying for the program, current pay stubs from everyone working in the household, JFS document, letter of support
- Proof of address such as a current driver’s license, utility bill, mail, or current lease
- Proof of ID for every family member applying for the program such as a current driver’s license, birth certificate, crib card for newborn, child shot record or military or school ID
At all other appointments you will just need your WIC card and ID.
I was on WIC in another state/county. How can I transfer my benefits?
Please call the office to transfer benefits (740) 852-3068
It is not required to fill out any of your forms before you come into the office for your appointment; however, if you wish to fill out your forms ahead of time this may shorten the length of your appointment. If you choose to do so, you can print and bring the forms into the office with you or email/ fax the forms to the address listed at the top of this page
West Jefferson and Mt. Sterling
Madison County WIC hosts satellite clinics once a month for your convenience. Our staff can be found at the following locations to load your card, complete appointments, or fulfill any other needs you might have. Staff will also be available at our London location at these dates/ times unless otherwise notified.
- Mt Sterling Community Center on the first Thursday of every month, 10am-12pm
164 E Main St, Mt Sterling, OH 43143
- West Jefferson Community Center on the second Thursday of every month, 2:00pm-4:30pm
230 Cemetery Rd, West Jefferson, OH 43162